- 1 pound lean bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 4 Tbs Liquid Gold Maple Balsamic
- 1 Tbs grainy mustard or dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, brown bacon.
- When bacon is done and not to crisp transfer to a paper towel lined dish with a slotted spoon.
- Remove the bacon from the paper towel and place on another clean paper towel to absorb more bacon grease.
- Chop bacon into smaller pieces.
- Pour off bacon grease and reserve 1 tablespoon.
- Add onion to reserved grease and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions are limp.
- Add garlic and stir in with the cooked onions.
- Add vinegar and deglaze the pan.
- Add brown sugar, coffee, mustard, add bacon.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for 1-2 hours until it thickens like a jelly.
- Add red pepper flakes and stir until combined. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Recipe adapted from Cooking With K