- 1 Small to medium pumpkin, chopped and peeled *if it's too difficult to peel prior to roasting, allow pumpkin to cool and remove skin afterwards.
- 1 Cup dried lentils
- 4 oz goat cheese (1 small log)
- 1 Shallot, peeled and cut into thin rounds or half-moon shapes
- 1-2 tbsps EVOO or flavoured oil of your choice for drizzling, extra for roasting
- High Polyphenol EVOO for frying the shallots
- 6 tbsps Traditional Balsamic or your choice Flavoured Balsamic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400F. Soak lentils for 10 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, toss pumpkin with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season lightly with salt. Spread on a cookie sheet or in a roasting pan and roast until soft, about 30-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook lentils in salted, boiling water until soft, about 30 minutes. Heat Balsamic in a small saucepan on medium-low and reduce to about half, about 10-15 minutes.
Pour about 1 inch worth of EVOO into a Medium heavy saucepan or skillet (enough oil to cover shallots). Heat oil over medium-high and fry shallots for 3-5 minutes until crispy, golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
Toss pumpkin with Balsamic Reduction and mix with lentils and goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of EVOO and garnish with crispy shallots.
Makes 4-6 Serving
Recipe adapted from Nourish