- 4 bundles soba noodles
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- Liquid Gold Robust EVOO for sautéing
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Gold Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Gold Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, very finely minced
- 1 ½ inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Sriracha to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook for a little over half the recommended time. You will want them el dente.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, stir and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions at the same time and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add partially cooked noodles and sauce to the frying pan with the peppers and toss to coat. Add a splash of water if necessary. Return to heat and toss gently till noodles have been reheated and are fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Gently mix in grated carrot and cilantro.
NotesThere is a lot of flexibility with this recipe. Add some of your favourite veggies to the mix. Add shrimp, chicken, toasted nuts or sesame seeds.