1 lbs firm tomatoes
1 lbs new potatoes
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup chopped onions
Salt & freshly ground Black Peppercorns
2 tsp Epices de Cru Little Italy Spices (available in Halifax & Charlottetown locations)
1/4 cup Liquid Gold Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat the oven to 425ºF.
2. Cut the tomatoes and potatoes in 1 cm (⅓ inch)thick slices.
3. Pour and spread half the oil into an oven proof dish.
4. Spread half the potatoes, half the tomatoes, half the onions, garlic & Little Italy Spices in the dish. Add salt & pepper.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Pour the remaining olive oil & barely enough water to cover
the second layer of potatoes.
6. Place dish in the oven & cook for ½ hour at 425ºF.
7. Reduce the heat to 375ºF for another 20 to 30 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and potatoes are tender.
8. Let rest for 20 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of SpiceTrekkers.com