- 4 small zucchini's
- Liquid Gold FS-17 EVOO or any Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cut off the stem end of the zucchini. Using the mandolin or a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into paper-thin strips. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. The zucchini strips will be more translucent and pliable after resting.
- 1 sachet of gelatin
- 3/4 cup mixture of orange, lemon, lime and grapefruit juice
- 3 tsp sugar
Mix and bring to a boil the juice, gelatin sachet and sugar. Pour the mixture over a plate and move it around to create a sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Cut and pick up the sheet when ready to wrap.
Honey Ginger Mayo:
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Gold Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup Liquid Gold Tuscan Herb EVOO, divided.
Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard and 1.2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds. Using 1/4 teaspoon measure and whisk constantly, slowly adding 1/4 cup EVOO to yolk mixture. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup oil in very slowly, whisking constantly until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes. Cover and chill.
- 1/2 cup lobster, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 bulb of fennel,finely chopped
- 1/2 Granny smith apple, finely chopped soaked in lemon water
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp Macadamia nut, crushed and toasted
- 1tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp parsley
Combine seafood, fennel and seasoning in a bowl. Combine yogurt, mayo, shallot, parsley, lemon juice and mustard in another. Season with salt and pepper. Combine together and refrigerate until serving.
Balsamic Vinegar-Olive Oil Gel Cubes:
- 1 sachets of gelatin
- 125ml avocado oil
- 75ml Liquid Gold Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
Combine sugar and gelatin in a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar and mix. Set aside for 5 minutes. Combine 1 tbsp sugar and 1 sachet of gelatin in another bowl. Add the EVOO and mix. Set aside for 5 minutes. Pour a small quantity of the EVOO mix in a glass and refrigerate for 15 minutes. In the same container pour a small quantity of the balsamic vinegar to create a second layer and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Cut into cubes and serve.
Olive Oil Parsnip & Carrot Crisps:
- 1 parsnip, sliced thinly with a mandolin
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- Liquid Gold Cilantro and Roasted Onion EVOO, drizzled
- ground cumin, to taste
- ground curry powder, to taste
- ground chili, to taste
Place a baking tray in the oven and preheat it to 450 degrees F. Toss the parsnips with the oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F until lightly browned and crisped.
Roll the Zucchini strip and citrus wrapper over the lobster-shrimp filling and plate. Place Balsamic-Olive Oil gel cubes on the side along with the Parsnip and Carrot Crisps.
This was our second place recipe from the Great Liquid Gold Recipe Hunt submitted by Jennifer J.