- 2 cups Medium Intense Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 halibut steaks, each about 6 ounces (or use 2 larger halibut steaks)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 head garlic, cut in two
- 8 small shallots, peeled and left whole
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a deep skillet that will accommodate all the ingredients in one layer and turn the heat to medium.
Meanwhile, sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and prepare the vegetables. When the olive oil reaches 200 degrees, gently slide in the fish, carrots, garlic and shallots. Adjust the heat so the temperature remains between 180 and 200 degrees.
If the Extra Virgin Olive Oil covers the fish, let it cook undisturbed; if it does not, turn the pieces of fish once or twice. In 20 to 30 minutes, the fish and carrots will be tender enough to be pierced through with the end of a thin-bladed knife. Turn off the heat and use a slotted spoon to transfer everything to a platter.
Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley, and serve.