This is one of my all time favorites. The vegetables can be anything from Bok Choy to Broccoli. Any of Liquid Gold pure cultivars work well. Seasoning can also be personal taste. I prefer to used fresh spices (Epices de Cru), freshly ground with mortar and pestle, or fresh Herbs.
- 1/3 c LG Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T LG Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Fresh spices or Rosemary
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Coarsely ground pepper and sea salt ( I use Maldon's) to finish
- 4 c Fresh Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 c. Egg Plant (young firm)
- 2 c. Red Pepper
- 2c. Sliced small Zucchini
- 1 1/2 c. Red Onion, 1 in pieces
- 1 1/2 c. Yellow Turnip cut in 1/2 in cubes
- 1 1/2 c. Sliced Carrots
- 1 T LG Balsamic Vinegar (Traditional, Espresso, Sicilian Lemon, work nicely)
Whisk first 4 ingredients together.
Add Vegetables, toss until coated. Arrange on large cookie sheets.
Cook in 400F (220C) for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are browned and tender. Transfer to serving bowl and finish with remaining T of Balsamic, fresh ground pepper, and a good sprinkle of sea salt.
The amounts can easily be reduced or increased according to how many hungry mouths are waiting to be fed.