These scones are not typical, as they are moist and crumbly. The whole wheat flour and wheat bran, up the 'health factor'.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup fresh lavender, or when out of season, use dried culinary lavender at specialty stores.
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 c raw sugar, plus 1/2tsp for topping
1/3 c fruity UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Whole Lemon fused EVOO works nicely with Blueberry)
1/4 c Greek Yogurt full or low fat
1/4 c milk full or low fat
1 large egg
1 Tbsp wheat bran
4 ozs fresh blueberries ( I prefer wild, but high bush work fine)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a food processor, pulse to combine flour, lavender, baking powder and salt. Pulse 1/4c raw sugar with the flour mixture.
3. Pulse and pour olive oil into the mixture until crumbly
4. In a small bowl, whisk togehter yogurt, milk and egg. Pulse and combine eg mixture with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Turn crumbly dough onto a lightly floured surface and press dough together to form a circle. Press wheat bran onto all sides of the dough.
6. Spread most of the blueberries onto half of the dough and fold the empty half over it.
7. Press the rest of blueberries onto the top of the dough.
8. Cut into 6 equal pieces, garnish tops with 1/2 tsp raw sugar, and transfer scones onto prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Allow scones to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool.