8 slices bacon
8 large eggs
1/4 heavy cream
1 T. chopped canned truffles
1 T. chopped fresh (or freeze dried) chives
1 teaspoon Liquid Gold white truffle oil
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 T Liquid Gold butter flavored olive oil or 1 T unsalted butter
3 T Liquid Gold butter flavored olive oil or 4 T butter for brushing
Eight 1/2 in thick slices ciabatta or Italian country-style bread
1-2 teaspoons Liquid Gold olive oil
2 T feshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a skillet set over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cream, truffles, chives, and 1/2 teaspoon of the truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until frothy.
3. In a nonstick saute pan set over medium heat, combine butter olive oil (or melt butter) with the remaining truffle oil. When heated, pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until the eggs are soft but set. So not overcook.
4. Using pasty brush, lightly "butter" both sides of the bread with butter olive oil, (or melted butter)
5. Top each of the four slices with scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon. Top with remaining 4 slices and sprinkle the tops of the sandwiches with grated cheese.
6. Heat the olive oil in small skillet or med high heat. Grill each sandwich for 2 to 3 mins on each side, or until bread is golden brown, or 8 mins if using a panini press. Cut sandwiches into rectangles and serve.