- 8 fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 c mild Liquid Gold olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened (yes this is me using butter)
- 1/4 c Liquid Gold Truffle Oil (I use black truffle oil)
- (Optional- 1/4 c canned truffles)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the potatoes in a baking pan and roast for 40 to 50 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, truffle oil, chopped truffles(if using) and lemon juice on medium speed until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the countertop and scrape the truffle butter onto the center. Wrap the butter in plastic.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut a lengthwise slit in each potato. Pinch the ends of the potatoes so the slit opens.
- Top each potato with a teaspoon of truffle butter, some cheese, chives, parsley, and shaved truffles, if desired. Refrigerate of freeze butter you do not use.
*Pair with a black fruited, earthy wine like Brunello. (or any made with Sangiovese.)