- 2 pounds of chicken breast (skinned & boned), cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup of Liquid Gold Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves*
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- juice and zest from 1 lemon*
- 1-1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
*May substitute a tablespoon of Liquid Gold Oregano Balsamic and or a tablespoon of Liquid Gold Sicilian Lemon Balsamic in place of either the fresh oregano or the juice and zest of the lemon.
Place chicken in Ziploc bag, add Liquid Gold Melgarejo Picual (or any Liquid Gold medium intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil), garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon zest and juice. Seal bag and work it so the spices cover chicken. Let rest for at least 15 minutes, up to 2 hours.
Once marinated, pour the contents (chicken and the marinade) into a skillet and sauté about 5 minutes until somewhat caramelized (chicken will not be completely cooked). Add the halved tomatoes and cook an additional minute.
Meanwhile, prepare orzo according to package directions (orzo takes approximately 9 minutes to cook). At the 8 minute mark, stir in spinach and cook it with the orzo for the last minute. Drain. Add 1/2 cup grated parmesan to orzo mixture, stir. (For added flavour you may want to add 2 tablespoons pesto at this point.)
Place orzo in baking dish which has been oiled. Pour chicken mixture on top and bake in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until heated through. Serve. Yummy!