OptiMYz 2015. MC Bill McArthur, introducing Chef James Oja as he prepares to make Blood Orange Marinated Salmon, with Warm Greens with warm Vinaigrette, and Toasted Cashews.
A glorious Liquid Gold salmon supper!
Part 1. Warm Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette
and Toasted Cashews
2 bunches of Bok Choy, or 2 – 10 oz pkgs of any combination of Kale, Spinach, or Arugala.
1 Bunch Watercress (optional)
1 cup cashews
2 table spoons LG Pure Cultivar EVOO (medium)
½ teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon Mirin (sherry or sweet marsala)
1 tablespoon Tamari
1 tablespoon LG Cranberry Pear White Balsamic
1 teaspoon mustard powder or good quality Dijon mustard
• Take a small bowl and add all the dressing ingredients, and wisk
• Prepare greens by trimming them and chopping them into bite sized pieces
• Keep watercress aside.
• Take a small pan and turn it on to medium high and let heat. Add cashews and toast
• At the same time, place all greens into a large pan and turn to medium high add citrus vinaigrette and sautee for 2
• minutes or until bright green and tender. Fold in watercress if using, and cook 1 more minute.
• Remove from heat and top with Toasted Cashews
• Serves 4-6 people
Part 2. Blood Orange Marinated Salmon &
Maple Balsamic with Sticky Rice Pilaf
1-1.5 lbs salmon (skin on preferably)
4 tablespoons LG Blood Orange Flavored Olive Oil
1 tablespoon LG Maple Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoon LG Pure Cultivar EVOO (Robust)
1 cup diced onion
1 cup grated carrot
¼ cup grated ginger
3 cups Sticky Rice
6 cups water
Salt and Pepper To taste preference
• Marinate salmon in LG Blood Orange Olive Oil and LG Maple Balsamic Vinegar for half hour minimum and a day maximum (add salt or pepper if you want)
• In a pot, add 1 tablespoon LG Pure Cultivar EVOO, add onions. Sautee for 3 minutes. Aadd garlic and carrot and sautee another minute. Add rice and sautee again for 2 minutes
• Add water and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover 15 minutes or until tender
• Remove from heat and Fluff with a fork gently
• Heat large pan to a medium high Heat for searing salmon and cooking
• Add 2 tablespoons LG Pure Cultivar Robust EVOO to pan and let heat momentarily
• Add salmon to pan, flesh side down to create a great sear and cook part way, about 2-4 minutes depending on thickness of flesh. Flip salmon over and resume cooking on skin side for remainder of cooking - anywhere from 2-6 minutes depending on how well done you like you fish.
• Remove from pan and let rest for 2 minutes
• Serve over bed of Rice Pilaf