This savoury cheesecake is the perfect addition is a charcuterie board or paired with a salad. We recommend drizzling it with Maple, Fig or Pomegranate Balsamic.
Garlic Toast Crust:
- 1 1/4 plus 2 Tbsp. melba toast crumbs (reduce whole melba toast to fine crumbs in a food processor)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. LG Garlic infused olive oil
Garlic Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 heads garlic, roasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Make the crust: Lightly grease the sides and bottom of 9-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper. Mix the melba toast crumbs and salt together in a small bowl. Gradually add the melted butter and olive oil. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan, keeping the crust a uniform thickness. Pack and level the crust with your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Position your oven rack to the center and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make the filling: Place the softened cream cheese and salt in a mixing bowl or bowl of an electric mixer. Beat the cream cheese at slow speed until very smooth and entirely lump-free. Increase the speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, stopping to regularly scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the roasted garlic (sans skins, of course); then stir in the chives and black pepper by hand.
- Turn the filling into the prepared pan and bake about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges of the cheesecake have puffed slightly and the center just barely wiggles when the pan is tapped on its side. Turn off the oven, open the door, and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a rack and cool completely in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until easily sliced, about 3 hours.
Recipe adapted from www.juliausher.com