- 1/8 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 oil-packed anchovy filet
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Rind of 1/2 preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Liquid Gold Pino Noir wine vinegar or LG Oregano White Balsamic
- 6 tbsp Liquid Gold medium robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. large spinach leaves
- Place the chile flakes, garlic, anchovy, and a pinch of salt in a
mortar and smash with the pestle until ingredients are finely ground.
Add the lemon and oregano and continue smashing until the oregano has
broken down into tiny pieces. (Alternatively, put the garlic, anchovy,
salt, lemon, and oregano on a cutting board, finely chop with a large
knife, and transfer to a bowl; stir in chile flakes.) Add vinegar, whisk
in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap
and let vinaigrette sit for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, put spinach into a large serving bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette
over spinach, season with salt and pepper, and toss vigorously with
your hands until the spinach is thoroughly coated with the vinaigrette.
Leave a comment